Alaska Fishing Job Experts!
AlaskaJobFinder is the leading website for finding fishing industry jobs in
Alaska. We specialize in helping people who are looking for Alaska fishing industry employment find rewarding jobs in Alaska.
Our site covers all major Alaska fisheries including salmon, halibut, herring, groundfish, blackcod and crab fishing jobs. We also cover employment on
sport fishing charter boats as well Alaska fishing industry support
The Alaska fishing industry offers lots of great job opportunities for both males and females and previous experience is not necessary for many of the jobs. Learn more about some of types of jobs by clicking the links below:
In addition to Alaska fishing jobs, we also specialize in the following jobs in Alaska:
- Alaska Oil Industry Jobs
- Cruise Ship Jobs
- Land Tour Jobs
- Alaska Lodge and Resort Employment
- Alaska Tourism Jobs
- and a variety of other great jobs in Alaska!
The Alaska fishing industry
The fishing industry is Alaska's
largest private employer and employs over 56,600 people for
summer, seasonal and year-round employment plus another 22,000 indirect jobs with the state of Alaska. The state's fisheries average over
$11.2 billion in revenue per year and account for nearly 62
percent of the volume of fish and seafood landed in the United States.
A substantial three out of four fish processing jobs are filled by non-residents of the state. This number has increased every year since 2007 and is now at 76.6% overall and in some regions it is over 90%. Many of whom are college students and other adults who spend
a season or two in Alaska earning great money, meeting new friends and
having an experience
of a lifetime.
Why work a job in Alaska?
- Excellent earning potential!
- Free transportation often provided(from point of hire)*
- Free or subsidized room and board*
- Enjoy Alaska's beautiful scenery & activities
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills
- And more!
*Benefits will vary by employer. Please confirm
your benefits package before accepting employment.
AlaskaJobFinder, a division of M&L
Research, Inc., was developed to help make your job search as effective and efficient as it can be. For over seventeen years M&L Research has been a premier employment research organization specializing in the Alaska fishing industry and other Alaska jobs. The company has helped thousands of
individuals find great cannery, processing, and deckhand jobs in Alaska's lucrative fishing industry. Our research reports have been widely
referred to as the undisputed "Bible" for finding employment
in the fishing industry since 1985. Find out how becoming a member can help you find your dream job in Alaska.
Why should I subscribe to your Members Section?
Alaska fishing jobs are fairly plentiful, but to land a job,
it takes a lot more than just getting a list of addresses and
phone numbers. It takes having in-depth industry
knowledge and a proven strategy. You need to understand the complexities
of the Alaska fishing industry and have the insider tips. One
of the worst things a person can do is to call Alaska fishing companies and waste their time
asking a bunch of basic questions. You need to respect their
time. As with any job, you need to spend a little
time educating yourself about the industry. This will set you
from most of the others looking for a job in the Alaska fishing
We will provide you with the necessary Alaska fishing industry
knowledge, a game plan on how to get the job that's right for
you, and proven
on how to maximize your earnings. Plus a lot more!
AlaskaJobFinder goes beyond the fishing industry. You'll find job postings from Alaska oil companies, wilderness lodges, cruise lines, airlines, and tour companies too.
What specifically do I get with your Members Services Section?
You get immediate full access to:
- Featured Jobs - Job postings from Alaska employers that need employees right now! Many of these job postings are not advertised anywhere else.
- List your resume and personal profile in our proprietary JobSeekers Database that employers can search to fill open positions.
- Over 140 pages worth of up-to-date information on working in Alaska's fishing industry. (including detailed descriptions of the work; lots of insider tips on how to find the best jobs; worker interviews; maps; town profiles; etc.)
- Detailed profiles of over 8,000 commercial fishing boat employers (including crab boats, salmon boats, longlining boats, and herring boats, etc)
- Detailed profiles of over 2,500 sports fishing charter boat employers
- Detailed profiles of over 100 onshore and offshore seafood processing employers
- Not just fishing jobs! We have lots of job listings and detailed profiles of cruise lines, tour companies, adventure travel companies, fishing/wilderness lodges and other great employers in Alaska. Learn about the pending Alaska Natural Gas Pipeline project that could employ thousands of people over many years.
- Video clips showing you interviews and actual footage of working in the fishing industry.
- Lots of photos, maps and graphs showing all aspects of Alaska's fishing industry
Whether you are looking for a great summer job or employment
in the fall, winter or spring, AlaskaJobFinder can help you
find the Alaska job that is best suited for you.
Get started on your Alaska job search now!
Video Tour: Member's Section Overview
- View our video for a quick tour of what is included in the AlaskaJobFinder Member's Section